With a home’s aesthetic intact, the Ergosun Integrated Solar Roof Tile has three main advantages for homeowners and builders alike:
- The Ergosun Integrated Solar Roof Tile is the only solar roofing product that allows for chimneys, vents, and complex roof linesIt is compatible with existing home designs, meaning that there is no need to redesign a home in order to clear the roof of obstacles. The Ergosun tile is installed in exactly the same way as a regular concrete roof tile so vents, chimneys, etc. are easily accommodated.
- The technology behind the Ergosun connection is proven and more reliable than anything else on the market. We use a patented two-piece junction box, which makes installation simple and leverages trusted technology. The MC4 connector has been an electrical standard since the 1970s and in the solar industry standard since 2008. Because of this simple connection, the product is able to be installed by roofing contractors as opposed to requiring specialists.
- The Ergosun Integrated Solar Roof Tile is the most economical solution available today.
The Ergosun Integrated Solar Roof Tile is part of a larger solar power generation system. Many of the options throughout the system are yours to customize. As a homeowner, you can choose the amount of power you want, the types of inverters, and whether or not you want to add storage to your overall system. We believe in total flexibility to meet your needs and will partner with a local solar expert to make your process easy.
The Ergosun Integrated Solar Roof Tile can easily replace conventional solar panels in your home’s solar plan with two basic prerequisites:
- You have a sloped roof;
- Your building structure can support the weight of the tiles.
Our bonding process allows us to fuse our Solar Module to a conventional concrete roof tile – creating the Ergosun Integrated Solar Roof Tile.
Sample tile after bonding.
Additional Product Features
- Aesthetically Pleasing – The tiles are available in both charcoal and terracotta. Terracotta is available via special order.
- Outperform Conventional Solar Panels in Low Light Conditions – With a matte finish, the tiles reflect less light, enabling more light to be converted to power both in low light conditions and with non-optimal orientation when compared with conventional solar panels.
- Maximum Efficiency – Cut cells lower the power load per cell, increasing efficiency. Furthermore, a bypass diode in every tile prevents diminished output in one panel from impacting the output of the other panels.
- Power Generation – 15 Watts per tile.
- Weather Resistant – Ergosun tiles have been put through a range of severe weather tests, ensuring the endurance of the product.
- Minimal Intrusion – When building from new or retrofit, the system can be designed with no need for holes through the building envelope.
- Warrantied – The panels are warrantied to provide 80% of peak power after 25 years. This has been validated through extensive accelerated endurance testing.
- Tax Savings & Rebate Eligible – Ergosun is connected to the grid or to a storage system the same as traditional rack mounted solar systems and is therefore eligible for all of the same tax savings and rebates.
- Certified – Ergosun Integrated Solar Roof Tiles have been tested and certified to a host of international standards to ensure safe, effective operation on our customers’ homes. The standards tested to include: CAN/CSA C22.2 No 61730-1:11 (R2016), CAN/CSA C22.2 No 61730-2:11 (R2016), IEC/EN 61730-1:2007 + A11:2014, IEC/EN 61730-2:2007 + A1:2012, IEC/EN 61215-1:2016, UL 1703 / UL 790. Annex A: Fire tests, spread-of-flame and burning-brand tests Safety Class A in accordance with UL 790.